Fall is one of my favorite times of year to plan “dates”. I use air quotes around the word dates because sometimes the word date gets applied to a variety of things that may or not be typical dates for everyone else lol. But being that fall is a favorite for both Justin and I, we try to make it special. The weather is perfect for a variety of outdoor activities that otherwise you wouldn’t dare dream of doing in the summer. Things like apple picking, picnics, live music, etc. So now that the season has officially changed, I’ve rounded up my top 5 fall date ideas to share with you and yours!
- Go apple picking. This is on my bucket list for fall! We’ve never been before and I just found out there is an orchard not too far from where we live, so maybe we can take a visit! Fresh apples = fresh cider & apple pie! Who wouldn’t want that?!
- Pick out a pumpkin. A cliche and a classic for all the right reasons. But don’t let the fun stop with picking out the pumpkin. Justin and I love to have pumpkin carving contests with each other where we come up with the best design to blow the other away. We also keep the pumpkin seeds to bake and snack on later!
- Cooking date. Cooler weather makes me crave warm home cooking. Justin and I love to use the crock-pot during the fall and make our favorite soups & chili’s. Any date with food is an automatic win in my book. One of our favorites meals to cook is a turkey pumpkin chili. If you are interested, let me know and I can definitely share that amazing recipe.
- Fall colors. Living close to the North Carolina mountains and the blue ridge parkway, Justin and I make a point to go see the leaves change every fall. Even if we turn it into a short overnight trip, there is something so awakening about driving windows down taking in the views. And the colors are breathtaking!
- Pack a picnic. With cooler weather here to stay, nothing is more romantic than packing a picnic and enjoying each others company. Low budget and low key, this is a date idea you can put on repeat while easily changing up the location to make each date feel special.
What are your favorite fall date ideas? Let me know in the comments below. It never hurts to mix things up and try something new! Happy Fall!