Vermont has always been a special place for me but now that its got another little piece of my heart (check out our engagement story to see why!) I wanted to share some of our favorite places to visit when we head to the green mountain state!
Vermont Travel Guide
- Dakin Farms – the epitome of Vermont aka meats, cheese and maple syrup! We always stop here for the samples on our way to the ski resorts
- Vermont Flannel Company – I’ve always loved a good flannel but these are flannels taken to a whole other level and the quality is amazing!
- Numerous Ski Resorts
- Downtown Burlington – Such a cute city with gorgeous views of lake Champlain and the Adirondack mountains. Its got a young vibe because of the numerous colleges in the area but also feels very historical with the older architecture.
- Burton Flagship Store – the Burton HQ is one of our favorite places to visit because their office is amazing! Employees can bring their dogs to work?! Seriously considering applying for that fact alone. They also have a store in the HQ with some of the coolest board gear around.
- Ben and Jerrys factory – Yep. B&J are from VT and yes you can take a tour and see how they make all that deliciousness and you can try samples!
- Von Trapp Family House – any other sound of music fans?! The real life Von Trapp family settled in Vermont after fleeing Europe during the 2nd world war. Their land now features a resort and brewery all with a touch of Austrian flair.
So with all of that being said, visiting Vermont is a must!! Happy to share any advice or traveling tips! Hope this little guide shows just how beautiful and unique the green mountain state really is.