Justin and I spent another weekend exploring the QC and it was an absolute blast! One of my favorite things about Charlotte is that there is always something exciting to do!
So today I’m sharing my top 5 things you must see and do when you visit Charlotte because if I’m being honest, we are just so dang lucky to live in such a cool place!
5 Things To Do In Charlotte
- The breweries. Probably the most obvious thing on my list but Charlotte has some of the best breweries around. Whether you are looking for a relaxing afternoon in a beer garden or more of a night life/live music scene there is a place for you. A few of our favorites are Wooden Robot, NoDa and the Broken Spoke.
- Sporting events. CLT has nearly every sporting team from small farm hockey teams to major league lacrosse. Our favorite way to spend a Thursday night is on the home run porch at the Knights baseball stadium. Good beer, cheap tickets and baseball all with the beautiful city as your backs drop.
- Rooftop fun. Charlotte has some awesome restaurants and bars way up in the Sky! There is no better view of the gorgeous skyline that to be apart of it. The Le Meridian sits right outside of the uptown area and has a gorgeous rooftop bar with views of the entire skyline. Fahrenheit is a restaurant and bar in the heart of uptown that features an outdoor patio with fire features and some of the best food in town. It’s always fun to see Charlotte from a new perspective.
- Whitewater center. Charlotte is lucky to be the home of the US national whitewater center which brings some of the best outdoor activities to the area. Think whitewater rafting, zip lines and kayaks! They also host so many fun events like live music, 5ks and so much more. We’ve gotten season passes every year we’ve lived here because it’s that much fun!
- Carowinds theme park. With both a theme park and water park, Carowinds is a perfect way to spend a summer afternoon. Located just south of Charlotte you are sure to find a thrill for everyone in your family. Season passes are they way to go if you plan on going back to the theme park in the fall for Scarowinds.
Weekends like this make feel so thankful to live in a place where there are so many new and exciting things to see and do! I hope you’ve found something for you to explore the next time you visit the queen city.
Until then, you can always follow along on my Charlotte adventures via my Insta-Stories Highlight!