This year I have decided to take an alternative approach to Christmas. Instead of shopping all the black friday and cyber monday sales, I decided I wanted to invest in experiences. I decided to do this for a lot of reasons, 1 – we are being super mindful as to how we spend our money since we are now under 5 months from our wedding and 2 – I really wasn’t drawn to any sales or items this year. So today’s blog post is inspiring the idea of giving the ultimate holiday gift, experiences! Because sometimes, the gift of creating memories is priceless.
- Day fishing trip – If you have a fisherman in your life, a day trip is a great way to get you both out on the lake, river or ocean.
- Movie Tickets – If your dad is like mine, any action or war movie he is all about it! So getting him tickets and buying the popcorn is like heaven to a movie lover.
- Concert Tickets – SO many good shows this upcoming year from Ozzy to Elton John, so much fun for the music lover in your life.
- Comedy Show – Who doesn’t love a good laugh?! Make it a fun date night with your BF!
- Sporting Event – You know his favorite team and tickets to the next game sound like the perfect way to bond.
- Day Trip – Take a day trip to a local town and try out the local fare. Doesn’t need to be the biggest of towns as long as you are spending time together, trying new things and making memories.
- AR Workshop/ Wine and Design – depends on which is local to you, but the idea of crafting for a couple of hours with your best gal pals over wine sounds like an absolute blast!
- Candle Making Class – super unique and only in a few locations, but so fun for the candle lover in your life!
- Girl Tribe Tickets – gifted these to my BFF for xmas this year so we can spend some quality girl time and support other local girl bosses
- Concert Tickets – Michael Buble is coming to town and I’ve been eyeing these tickets for myself and know quite a few other ladies that would love to see a show!
- Theater Tickets – Never seen the Nutcracker? What about Mannheim Steamroller?
- Girls Day – As easy as it sounds. A dedicated day just for the girls. Unplugged and relaxed doing whatever makes you happy!
I hope these unique ideas for holiday gifts help spark a little imagination! As cliche as it sounds, at the end of the day friends and family are always going to appreciate the thought put into something memorable whether it be material or an experience.